Dear respected Muslim
As you know, the service we provide at Quran.nu is entirely free of any charge or obligation from our visitors. Unfortunately, however, we cannot continue to develop and expand the site without your help. Some of the unique projects we are eager to complete in the very near future include publishing first-time online translations of the Qur’an. For example,
– Urdu – currently available online only through PC-modifying plug-in applications, or non-searchable, bandwidth-sapping image files. A user-friendly, searchable online Urdu Qur’an engine would potentially serve the 200 million plus Urdu literate Muslims of South Asia and beyond.
– Russian – In addition to the four Russian translations we currently host, we want to offer Sablukov’s translation. This authoritative, very hard to come by, 19th century work was the first known Qur’an translation from Arabic to Russian. Russian is the lingua franca of many tens of millions of Muslims in the former Soviet Union from the borders of China to Chechnia.
– Georgian – as far we know, there is no existing translation of the Qur’an in this language – not even in manuscript form. The need for a “Georgian” Qur’an is most pressing considering that perhaps a third of the population professes Islam.
In addition to translations, we also require assistance to progress with the multimedia aspect of Quran.nu. In terms of providing an innovative, never-before-seen Qur’an recitation experience, we know what we want to do and how to do it, but lack the resources to implement our ideas. We therefore humbly ask that you help us in Allah’s Cause in the following ways:
1. Promote Quran.nu “in order that they may hear the Word of Allah” (Qur’an, 9:6) Bring more users to Quran.nu through reccomendationsto friends, forums and other sites, and via submissions to search engines and website directories.
“So unto this (Qur’an and religion of Islam) then invite and stand firm” (Qur’an, 42:15)
2. Donate to Quran.nu “and spend in charity out of the sustenance We have given” (Quran, 14:31) We now accept donations online in various currencies (go to the “contribute” link at the bottom of page:
“And the likeness of those who spend their wealth insearch of Allah’s pleasure and for the strengtheningof their souls, is as the likeness of a garden on ahill-top. If abundant rain falls upon it, it yields up twice its normal crop; and if no heavy rain falls upon it, it is watered by a light shower. Allah sees well all that you do.” (Qur’an, 2:265)
3. Pray for us, for “Verily, I (Allah) am indeed near. I respond to the prayers of the supplicant when he calls on Me. So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.” (Qur’an, 2:186)
Ask Allah to bless all our efforts with the conviction that, as Allah’s Messenger (sal-Allaahu ‘alayhi wasallam) said, “There is no believing servant who supplicates for his brother in his absence except that the Angels say: The same be for you too.” (Saheeh Muslim)
“So their Lord accepted of them (their supplicationand answered),
‘Never will I allow to be lost the work of any of you, be he male or female.’” (Qur’an, 3:195)
And heavenly salutations of peace be upon His Noble Slave and Messenger, Muhammad, his family, Companions, and all those who follow them in righteousness until the Last Day.